Below is a listing of Access Arts’ upcoming events.
Date: Thursday 29 September
Time: 10am - 4pm
Location: Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts – Expressions Dance Company Studio Address: Level 4, 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Artistic Director and choreographer Marc Brew trained as a professional dancer at the Victorian College of the Arts Secondary School and The Australian Ballet School. Marc has been working in the UK and internationally for the past 18 years as a dancer, choreographer, teacher, speaker and now works with his own dance company.
In an inclusive environment, Marc works with participants to explore possibilities of movement through the use of various tasks and learning set material. As a choreographer Marc seeks to challenge and be challenged, providing the dancers with a new vocabulary that enhances their creativity. With the use of set material derived from Marc’s own movement style and creative tasks, he directs the dancers to reflect the beauty of the moments shared between people and what it is to be human.
What will the workshop involve?
- If you are a beginner dance enthusiast or a professional dance artist, this workshop is the perfect way to introduce yourself to the Marc Brew’s unique dance practice.
- Marc will help you discover your own dance movement and encourage all participants to access their own artistic expression.
- This workshop will provide you with activities to explore improvisation, learn professional choreographic methods and build your confidence and independence as a dance practitioner.
Who is the workshop for?
- People aged 18+ who wish to enhance their practice by working with a leading professional artist
- Participants must identify as a person living with disability
- Participants must be a member of Access Arts – Non-members are required to apply for membership
 People experiencing disability include “those who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments which in interaction with various barriers may hinder their full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others” United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities 2006.
WHEN: Thursday 29 September 2016 *
- complementary dance workshop in December 2016
- performance opportunity at the Access Arts end of year event in December 2016
Information on these workshops will be distributed to those who attend the Marc Brew Master Class.
TIMES: 9:30am Registrations | 10am Workshop Start | 4pm Workshop Finish
WHERE: Judith Wright Centre of Contemporary Arts – Expressions Dance Company Studio
Address: Level 4, 420 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
Phone number: (07) 3872 9000 Website: www.judithwrightcentre.com
How much? Price is per person, for a full day workshop (with allocated lunch and rest breaks – tea/coffee provided. Lunch not provided)
$85 Non-Members (includes $10 membership fee)
Click here for the registration form.
Date: Tuesday 06 September
Location: Theatre Republic - QUT Creative Industries Precinct Parade Grounds Musk Avenue KELVIN GROVE QLD 4059
A colourful installation documented by Access Arts Camera Wanderers in collaboration with Access Arts Theatre Ensemble.
This artwork celebrates the process and journey of individual and collective artistic expression. For the first time, Access Arts Camera Wanderers and Theatre Ensemble will fuse their passion for performance and photography to reveal a colourful, ever-evolving, and bold joint creative journey.
In the words of Ralph Waldo Emerson; “Life is a journey, not a destination.” Join Access Arts creatives on theirs. More information here.